The weekend is upon us, so I’m sharing something a little lighter today (well in this post)… EGG BITES or EGG MUFFINS!
I figured it out one morning when I had leftover dinner sauce and veggies but didn’t want to throw it away (because if you haven’t figured it out yet, I have a hard time letting go of anything… Food included …does that make me a Food Hoarder?!?!?)
I have a mini cupcake pan that I am obsessed with. It makes everything bite size, so it’s fun to experiment with what to make in them.
I found a couple recipes on one of my go-to recipe sites allrecipes.comand I just went with it. I mainly needed it for oven temp and how long to bake.
Gather your … Leftovers 3-4 eggs (usually fills a 24 mini cupcake pan) Seasonings (optional) Low-sodium Soy Sauce (optional)
1) Spray / Grease your mini muffin tin and set your oven to 350˚F
2) Take your left-over veggies and sauce, say from a stir-fry and wisk together with 3-4 eggs. I have also used kofta meatballs and cut them into tiny bits along with the onion…
3) Add your seasonings (if any) into the bowl and whisk some more. I never use salt in my baking/cooking, but I do add a dash of low-sodium soy sauce. A little thing I learned from my husband.
4) When transferring the egg batter to the muffin tins, the best way for me to make it as neat as possible is to us a pitcher…something with a spout. Spoons work as well, but again, this method creates less mess.
4) After poured into your oiled or buttered pan, Bake for 20-23 minutes.